Lowell Foreworks on Boulevard Very Disapointimg Once Again

Complete the second sentence so that it has a like meaning to the first judgement using the word given. Employ between 2 and 5 words

Examination 1

Cull the right particular.

1. I�..him a quick note, and left it on the table.

A received � sent

� wrote D answered

2. It'south nearly impossible to��.. up a meeting because people are all free at dissimilar times!

A adjust � make

� prepare D take

3. There's no need to�. ! We can all hear you lot very well.

A whistle � whisper

� yawn D yell

4. The prime minister delivered his in German.

A speech � talk

� tongue D accent

5. He speaks five European languages, just his mother�.
is Japanese.

A speech � language

� tongue D talk

6. They were very�� when their son from Australia turned up for their 50th wedding anniversary.

A surprised � uncertain

� impatient D disappointed

7. She doesn't like to continue annihilation hidden: she e'er��.her mind.

A talks � speaks

� tells D says

8. It's impossible to get�.of him! He'south never at that place!

A feel � contact

� hold D bear upon

9. I retrieve it's polite to milkshake hands�..someone when you lot meet them for the first time.

A with � at

� for D from

10. Nosotros passed him in the car the other day, and he waved..-� u.s.a. from the street.

A into � from

� for D at

11. I'g afraid Mr. Logan isn't in the office today, but I can��you lot through to his secretarial assistant.

A put � become

� switch D run

12. Paula is in a meeting at the moment, only I'll ask her to�� you lot back every bit soon equally it's over.

A hang � get

� call D put

xiii. Come up with me! I desire to introduce you�� my uncle from America.

A at � into

� for D to

14. Waiter! This nutrient is awful! I'd like to��a complaint.

A make � put

� practise D ask

fifteen. We were chatting away when suddenly we got�..off.

A hung � called

� put D cut

16. He's a very snobby child: he's e'er�.. the other children what to practise.

A talking � saying

� telling D speaking

17. The teacher glared�.. the children who were not paying attending.

A to � with

C at D for

18. I didn't mean to upset her. Information technology was just a figure of�.. .

A accent � talk

� speech communication D language

19. I've been trying to phone him for ages, but I just can't�..through!

A get � put

� cut D call

xx. I'd like to � a table for five for Th evening, delight.

A ask � take

� apply D book

Fill up in the missing discussion.

1. Please don't shout at me! I didn't mean to break the fax machine.

2. Nosotros need a new photocopier; this one'sto old to handle the volume of work that nosotros give it.

iii. I�m agape I can't accept this report. It�due south not good enough.

4. I haven't heard from John for a long time.

5. Both my husband and my daughter came with me on my business trip to People's republic of china.

6. Permit me requite you a piece of advice: don't believe everything you hear.

7.Good morning, Mr. Smith's part on the line and I'll check if Mr. Smith is in.

eight. He sent his application by fax.

9. I'd like to do a favour: could you h2o my plants while I'thou abroad?

ten . Hurryup or nosotros'll be late for the meeting.

Consummate the 2d judgement so that it has a similar meaning to the commencement sentence using the word given. Use between 2 and v words.

ane. His mother asked him if he wanted to invite whatsoever more people.

else His mother asked him if who else he wanted to invite.

2. He couldn't read the writing because it was so small.
as well The writing was as well minor to read.

iii. He'southward much too inexperienced to go on that course.
enough He's not experienced enough to become on that grade.

4. I couldn't see anywhere that we could put the new filing cabinet.

nowhere There was now here to putthe new filing cabinet.

5. He didn't know many people at the reckoner exhibition.
few There were only a few people he knew at the computer exhibition.

Fill in the correct discussion derived from the word in bold.

ane. An private'due south intellect has zilch to do with their teaching. INTELLIGENT

2. The translation of this book took several years. TRANSLATE

3. Yous should never estimate people past their adventAPPEAR

4. The foundation of the World Wellness Organisation saved many lives. FOUND

5. I establish the store assistant almost helpful. ASSIST

Find the unnecessary give-and-take for each sentence.

1. On the 13th November I'll exist traveling to Edinburgh on business.

ii. Both of New York and Glasgow are cold in the winter.

3. He went to the boondocks where he was born there.

four. What you do for a living it can touch on your health.

5. People in desert regions are frequently being brusk of water.

Circle the correct response.

1. A: Tin can I call you lot afterward?

B: a. Sure, I'll call you back.

b. Sure, call me whenever.

2. A: I find text messages very efficient.
B: a. Me too.

b. Y'all besides.

3. A: I'll meet you lot at the cafe at half dozen.
B: a. See you at that place.

b. Thanks, I will.

4. A: Why don't you get a mobile phone?
B: a. I'm not into mobiles.

b. Yeah, why don't you lot?

5. A: What about this ruby one?
B: a. OK. Why not?

b. Yes, information technology'south true.

Examination 2

Choose the correct item.

1. Kate feels much more��about the future at present that she has a expert job.

A depressed � aggressive

� cheerful D optimistic

ii. He has a reputation for being�..to his employees.

A rude � furious

� annoyed D upset

3. The party began to�..downward round well-nigh midnight.

A open � current of air

� calm D ease

four. The dominate was in a�.mood and then he agreed to give me the day off.

A bad � glad

� practiced D funny

v. I felt aback�. myself for existence so aroused.

A for � of

� with D virtually

6. Sheila had butterflies in her�..earlier the interview.

A face � palms

� centre D breadbasket

vii. She felt very close �..her younger sister.

A to � with

� by D at

8. John was actually�..at the prospect of starting work.

A heady � interesting

� excited D interested

9. Sarah said that she was rather disappointed�.. her test results.

A at � for

� with D of

ten. The play was....so we booked to run across it again.

A delighted � bloodcurdling

� fantastic D overjoyed

xi. What's incorrect with Sandy? She'south as quiet equally a�. today.



A snail � owl

� pull a fast one on D mouse

12. Tim was grateful to his father�.. lending him the money.

A for � with

� near D of

13. Don't�..your fingers on the desk-bound! It'due south so annoying.

A clench � pulsate

� wrinkle D frown

14. He was .... more and more than impatient as the time passed.

A showing � seeming

� developing D growing

15. It actually gets me�having to piece of work so much overtime.

A downwards � upwards

� on D by

16. He has no one to talk to. So he feels very ��. .

A aggressive � foolish

� modest D lonely

17. Julie has always been afraid��the dark.

A for � of

� nigh D from

18. During the summer he feels also�..to become to the gym.

A lazy � shy

� distressing D tense

xix. I'm sure Angelica won't modify her listen. She'south as�.equally a mule.

A cunning � stubborn

� sick D irksome

twenty. She feels�..when she has to speak in public.

A offended � astonished

� irritable D stressed

Fill in the missing word.

1. Jake'south parents were extremely proud of his achievements.

ii. The just thing I don't like about living abroad is that I miss my friends; I haven't seen them for months.

3. Sally felt very miserable and no one could cheer her upwards.

iv. Dentists help their patients to calm down by playing soothing music.

5. You shouldn't have lied to her. Yous offended her feelings.

6. She told me to show off in forepart of everyone and made me feel a child.

seven. She only can't getused to speaking in a foreign language.

8. He promised non to permit me down, only I all the same don't trust him.

9. How about the back-scratch taste? Is it too spicy?

ten. Don't tell me you lot are thinking of taking the exam again!

Consummate the 2nd sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence using the discussion given. Use between 2 and 5 words.

1. We usually walk to the town heart.

used Nosotros used to walk to the boondocks centre.

two. David would rather not get to the concert alone.

experience David doesn�t experience like to get to the concert alone.

3. Sally frequently panics when she's under pressure.
tendency Emerge has a tendency to panic when she'southward under pressure.

4.The students establish the speech rather boring.

with The students were rather bored withthe speech.

five. Andy doesn't usually complain near everything.

like It is non similar Andy to complain about everything.




lytlehunhis.blogspot.com

Source: https://allrefrs.ru/3-12282.html

0 Response to "Lowell Foreworks on Boulevard Very Disapointimg Once Again"

Postar um comentário

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel